Monday, January 26, 2009

Mr. Becker D


Mr. Becker D. was a customer at fotorush, the one-hour photo lab I used to work about 9 years ago. I worked at fotorush for about 3 years and he used to be one of the most loyal customer there. He told me that he used to be a commercial photographer when he was young.  But the most of the rolls I processed for him were blurred images of somebody's face or flower from a television screen.  I don't know how old he was at that point, but he couldn't hold the camera steady already, and he appeared to be living by himself.

At one point, he stopped coming for a while and we were wondering if he was OK. It turned out that he had a car accident and that made him even older and hard to come out.  But he DID come back. I remember I was pretty amazed, and asked him to pose for me outside the store. I felt I should do this while I can.

Lately I feel strongly that it is nobody else but me who's being saved by taking picture of somebody.

No comments: